Saturday, September 08, 2007

Two Words to Live By

Labor Day Weekend was probably the last of the reading-in-the -hammock days until next summer and I chose a typical "beach read" -- one of those which doesn't lose its train of thought during a nap.

There was a slight breeze and the sun sparkled down through the canopy of leaves. It was quiet and I became drowsy as I read. Then two words just popped off the page, "Joyous Naughtiness."

Oh, My! What would happen if my life, my paintings and my writing were filled with those two words?

2 comments:

MMComstock said...

What an enchanting thought, Annette. As a matter of fact I went to a reunion yesterday to which those words definitely would apply in delight anyway, and even more in the realm of what-may-be. And yes, even that is joyous. ; )

Margot

"Women keep a special corner of their hearts for sins they have never committed."
--Cornelia Otis Skinner

Annette Bush said...

Margot
Are we allowed a little space in that corner for a few we HAVE committed? A