Friday, January 30, 2009

HotArt in Hotlanta: SUNDAY

On Sunday morning, I packed and we straightened the house. While we read the paper and perused the brochures collected over the weekend, we talked. Conversation over good coffee and a blue jug of daffodils quickly becomes more than just chit-chat and so, we touched on life at our decades, focused on what is really important to happiness and wondered how to grab more of every day. We were glad we had not succumbed to the temptation to fill the time with one more gallery. Kembra had opened her home to her high school buddy and, with great graciousness, welcomed two strangers as well. Her straight forward approach to life was a great foil for our artists' conversations.

Soon it was my time to leave. Kembra and Linda dropped me at the bus station. They returned to the little comfortable house and I traveled home. I was happy to see the little ones and my daughters; but, oh, so glad for this very special time to see, absorb, discuss and enjoy HotArt in Hotlanta.

And so ended Sunday. . . .


BushStrokes (c) AAB

No comments: