Friday, January 30, 2009

HotArt in Hotlanta: THURSDAY

Last year, Karen and I visited Linda in Central Florida where we were joined by Kaye and Martha on various days for a whirlwind tour from Orlando to Gainesville and Ocala, from Tampa to Daytona and New Smyna Beach. What a treasure of impressions and interactions during that week!

This time, Linda initiated the trip to Atlanta to coincide with the Karen's gallery show and the Castleberry Hill Art Walk. Linda's friend, Kembra, offered her house and e-mailed a map. I put it on my calendar and checked the bus schedule.

Karen collected me from Greyhound and we headed north to Atlantic Station: I wanted to see the big green watery figures; she wanted to stop at IKEA. Later, we joined Linda and strolled through downtown Decatur with plans to come back for dinner and a stop at the DeKalb Farmer's Market. (DFM) Settling in at Kembra's, we snacked on a variety of breads, cheeses, fruits and wine from Trader Joe's and filled the kitchen with conversation.

Suddenly we realized that it was late and a quick trip to the DFM for breakfast goodies was in order. What a wonderful place to shop!

A genuine international market with marvelous images. (My apologies to the DFM for taking photos. My excuse for not seeing the sign near the entry prohibiting photos was "we were hurrying before they closed. . . it was late. . . it couldn't have been the wine. . . .")

And so ended Thursday....


iPhone Photos: images from not to be missed Dekalb Farmer's Market

BushStrokes (c) AAB

2 comments:

CMC said...

ha ha ..so fun...and of course it couldn't have been the wine. Wish I'd been there with ya'll......

Annette Bush said...

Cheryl
It was great fun and a very relaxed loosely planned few days. I need another weekend to absorb it all. I need to have some focus for my work. AND then I just need time to work. BUT I am open for another weekend, anytime!
A