Friday, February 03, 2006

Happy Birthday, Norman Rockwell

Norman Rockwell documented the changes in lives and culture of 20th C. Americans in hundreds of paintings which were published as magazine covers. He became America's artist and 'Saturday Evening Post' and 'Look' magazine became America's art gallery.

I wonder what Rockwell would have done with an assignment to show the newest technology in making copies.

I think my studio cats might be faster!



(If you are new to the BioGems: they are mostly weekly bios written to share birthday celebrations with unknown, well-known and 'who cares?' artists. I limit them to 400 words, so I look for unique things to say about each artist which will make the reader want to learn more or maybe just do more!)

(Pictured: Vinnie, Greene & Maggie on the Canon printer)

No comments: