Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Random Thoughts From My Inbox

I am tying up the loose ends before the month in France and noticed these bits and pieces in my emails. Unlike the other artists who will be in residence, I don't have my bags packed and don't know what I will work on. But . . . . This is what happens when there is much to do and 8 days before the plane leaves Atlanta. I get a little crazy.

While there, I will just content myself "with a joy ride in a paint box," (1) pour ainsi dire. (2a) After all, "I'm not 40, um, 50, um OK - 60 plus, I'm $59.95 plus shipping and handling" (3) and I can be described as having "unique brilliance and clarity, more permanence that ever before, produc{ing}es breathtaking washes with ease and {offering a} savings of nearly 40% per mil over the 14 ml size, (4) et ainsi de suite. . . . (2b)

I promise to blog a little and maybe post some photos. But I hope you won't mind if I'm just too busy. La jalousie (2c) is a terrible thing, you know! hehe.

(1) A reference to Winston Churchill's quote in Robert Genn's artists newsletter
(2) Phrases from http://french-word-a-day.typepad.com/motdujour/2006/03/ainsi.html "ainsi" and "la jalousie" meaning 'so to speak, 'and so on' and 'jealousy.'
(3) Quoted by my high school friend, Donna, in a list of funny signs. I added the decades!
(4) Descriptions of larger sized tubes of Winsor Newton Pigment by ASW art supply folks.

2 comments:

Karen Jacobs said...

Very clever! Very, very clever! This will be great fun!

Annette Bush said...

Ah, oui, pour ainsi dire! ;-] I have really enjoyed the French Word A Day column and now get her dh's weekly wine column. I'm really not learning much. Just getting my head ready for adventure.