Monday, November 19, 2007

Quote of the Week

It’s also looking back at who you are as an individual . . . . You’re not just this person who’s from your own specific experiences, but the collective experience of what makes you who you are because of time.

Julie Mehretu

I'm not sure I quite understand this quote, but I thought it seemed appropriate to follow my last entry. It seemed to fit this fall tree as well. And it seemed to need sharing.

It comes from an article by Hilarie Sheets in the November 11, 2007, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/11/11/arts/design/11shee.html?ref=arts

AAB

2 comments:

fleeboy said...

it applies to the present and future as well, i'm thinkin'. love the photo!

Annette Bush said...

I think you are right! The tree has been marvelous this year -- just outside the dining room window!
A