Monday, March 16, 2009

Quote of the Day - Our Deepest Fear

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us."

I pulled a paragraph from another blog because it spoke to me. Not expecting to use it here, I only noted that it had been quoted by Nelson Mandela and was from writings by Marianne Williamson. (apologies to the blogger.)

This is only part of a paragraph which has great and wonderful thoughts, but I cannot get past this one yet. My inability to reach for 'beyond' is sometimes my nemesis -- perhaps, indeed, my deepest fear.


BushStrokes (c) AAB


2 comments:

Natasha Sazonova said...

It IS a very interesting saying. Made me pause and think for a few moments...
Thanks for sharing it with us!

Annette Bush said...

Yes, It made me pause a bit when I first read it. I think of how easy it is to just be adequate. Reaching for more is harder.