Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Connections

I know I cannot get side tracked right now, but I have been looking at St. Sernin in Toulouse -- THE premier example of Romanesque churches. I'd like to go there in April if I can find an organ concert -- maybe just a lunch-time 30 minutes. I'd like to get a CD of chants or music from their 1888 Cavaillé-Coll organ. I think it would make great music for the studio.

St Sernin is one of the stops on the old pilgrimage route to Spain during Medieval times. I have been to many of the 33 pilgrimage stops in Japan including the first one which has no number. There is something neat about going where millions of people over the centuries have traveled to honor their beliefs.


This is one of my favorite photos. I do not remember if this is a pilgrimage site or not, but it was a special day. Hum. . . . reminds me of something else. . .

No comments: